LAST UPDATED: April, 2020
Our Commitment To Privacy
Your privacy is important to us. To better protect your privacy, we provide this notice explaining our online information practices and the choices you can make about the way your information is collected and used. To make this notice easy to find, we make it available in the footer of nearly every page on our website, and at every point where personally identifiable information may be requested.
The Information We Collect
Silicon Valley Commerce collects “Personal Data” and “Non-personal Data” from you when you choose to share it with us. Silicon Valley Commerce keeps this information completely confidential, and does not share any information submitted for the affiliate program.
Personal Data. Personal Data is information that allows someone to identify or contact you, including, for example, your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, as well as any other non-public information about you that is associated with or linked to any of the foregoing data. Person Data is required when you use register; purchase products; request information from us; sign up for emails; enter a contest, sweepstakes or other promotion; fill out a survey; request customer support; receive a gift or shipment from someone who sent it to you via our website; or otherwise communicate with or contact us. We may also connect Personal Data you provide by interacting with us through social media or other forums.
Keep in mind: any comments or reviews that you provide are accessible to all users of the relevant platform and may be visible to others or collected by third-parties, so you should use discretion when posting information and you should not post personal information. If you do post personal information, you do so at your own risk.
“Non-personal Data” means data that is not associated with or linked to your Personal profile; and does not, by itself, permit the identification of individual persons. We may use a variety of technologies such as cookies, web beacons, embedded scripts, or other technologies to collect Non-Personal about visitors to, and users of, our website and interactions with our emails and online and mobile advertisements, and to allow us to keep track of analytics and certain statistical information. This may include:
- Analytics and Log Files – We may automatically collect certain information from you, including but not limited to your browser type, device type and model, operating system, unique device identifier of any of your computer(s) or device(s) that are used to access firstname.lastname@example.org, software version, Internet Protocol (IP) address, geolocation, preferred language, and the domain name from which you accessed a Site or App. We also may collect information about your use of the Silicon Valley Commerce website, including the date and time you visit the Silicon Valley Commerce website, the areas or pages of a Silicon Valley Commerce website that you visit, the amount of time you spend viewing or using the Silicon Valley Commerce website, your GPS location (if you have enabled location tracking on your device), the number of times you return to the Silicon Valley Commerce website, other click-stream or site usage data, emails that you open, forward, or click-through to a Site or App.
- WebBeacons/Tags – We automatically collect aggregate anonymous information through web beacons. We may also deliver a file to you through the Sites (known as a “web beacon”) from an advertising network with which we have contracted. Web beacons allow third parties to provide anonymized, aggregated auditing, research and reporting for us.
- Targeted Advertising – Third-party advertising companies serve ads on our behalf across the Internet. They may collect anonymous information about you through cookies and/or web beacons on our Sites and other sites, and then display targeted ads on various sites that you visit. If you wish to not have this information used for the purpose of serving you interest-based ads, you may opt-out by clicking here (or if located in the European Union click here). Please note this does not opt you out of being served ads. You will continue to receive generic ads, or, to opt out of third-party advertising or analytics, please see section “Your Choices” below.
- Social Media Features – Our Sites include social media features from providers, such as Groove, Olark, Disqus and Bugherd, Facebook and others. These features may collect your IP address, which page you are visiting on our Site, and may set a cookie to enable the feature to function properly. Social media features and widgets are either hosted by a third party or hosted directly on our Sites. Your interactions with these features are governed by the privacy statement of the company providing it.
How We Use Information
Silicon Valley Commerce uses your Personal Data to:
- Provide you with products, information, or services that you have requested or agreed to receive.
- Contact you with information, newsletters, and promotional materials from Silicon Valley Commerce or on behalf of our third-party partners and affiliates.
- Enable you to participate in a variety of Silicon Valley Commerce features, such as sweepstakes, message boards, other communication features, user-generated content functions, and interactive features.
- Review the usage and operations of our website, develop new products or services, and conduct analysis to enhance or improve our content, products, and services.
- Enhance your online shopping experience, including as a way to recognize you and welcome you to the Silicon Valley Commerce website.
- Provide you with customized content, targeted offers, and advertising on the Silicon Valley Commerce website, via email, or across other websites, mobile applications, social media or online services.
- Use your data in an aggregated non-specific format for analytical and demographic purposes.
- Address problems with the Silicon Valley Commerce website or our business, and to protect the security or integrity of the Silicon Valley Commerce website and our business.
- Use and disclose your credit/debit card information only to process payments and prevent fraud.
- As disclosed at the time you provide your information or otherwise with your consent. Additionally, if you use the Silicon Valley Commerce website to connect with third-party services, you authorize us to use information from and about you, on your behalf, to interact with these third-party services based on your requests.
How Your Data May Be Shared
We use your Personal Data information we collect from and about you in the following ways:
- Service Providers: We may share your information with third-party service providers that provide business, professional, or technical support functions for us (including to the extent necessary or desirable to fulfill or ship your order or complete your transaction), help us operate our business and the Silicon Valley Commerce website, or administer activities on our behalf. We do not authorize these third-party service providers to use or disclose your information except as necessary to perform services on our behalf or to comply with legal requirements.
- Co-Branded Relationships: Certain areas of our Silicon Valley Commerce website may be provided to you in association with third parties, such as advertisers that provide products and services or rewards programs. We may share information with these third parties if you participate in a co-branded, co-sponsored, or jointly presented promotion, contest, survey, voting feature, or service.
- Third Parties: We do not share personal data with third parties for their direct marketing purposes without your permission.
- Non-Personal Data: We may share aggregate, anonymous, or de-identified non-personal information with third parties for their marketing or analytics uses.
- Other: We also may share your information as disclosed to you at the time of collection.
Our Commitment To Data Security
To prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy, and ensure the correct use of information, we have put in place appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. We regularly monitor our systems for possible attacks and vulnerabilities, but we can’t warrant the security of the data you send us even with the safeguards we have put in place.
SSL Technology – Our website uses encryption technology, such as Secure Sockets Layer (“SSL”), to protect your personal information during data transport. SSL encrypts ordering information such as your name, address, and credit card number.
Our Commitment To Children’s Privacy
- How You Can Access Or Correct Your Information – You can access a variety of your personally identifiable information that we collect online and maintain it either online, or by contacting our customer service representatives by phone at 1-888-507-8266. We use this procedure to better safeguard your information. You can correct factual errors in your personally identifiable information by sending us a request that credibly shows error. To protect your privacy and security, we will also take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting access or making corrections.
- How You Can Request For Your Information To Be Deleted. – You can ask us to erase or delete all or some of your personal data (provided it is no longer necessary for legal purposes or to provide Services to you). You may place a request by contacting our customer service representatives via email at email@example.com or by phone at 1-888-507-8266. We will delete all your personal data that we are not legally required to maintain within 30 days. We will also take reasonable steps to verify your identity before proceeding with deletion. Please realize that if you initialize this request while you have outstanding orders, those orders will be cancelled.
- Opting out of Communications
- Email – Any subscription to various marketing e-mails can be cancelled by clicking the “unsubscribe” links in the e-mails, changing preferences in the “Your Account” area online, sending a request to firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 1-888-507-8266. You will continue to receive transactional e-mails that are directly related to the processing of your orders
- Catalogs and Regular Mail – We may send you notices and catalogs in the mail. You may remove yourself from receiving Silicon Valley Commerce materials in the mail simply by sending a request to email@example.com or by calling 1-888-507-8266.
- Targeted Advertising – If you do not want information about your activity on our sites to be used for tailored advertising, please visit the opt-out page hosted by the Network Advertising Initiative and follow the instructions there.
- Analytics – You may opt-out of Google Analytics by following this link.
- Google AdWords – Google AdWords remarketing service is provided by Google Inc. You can opt-out of Google Analytics for Display Advertising and customize the Google Display Network ads by visiting the Google Ads Settings page.
- Cookies – You may disable, or delete cookies in your Web browser, but doing so may impact the usability of the website. To block cookies, you can also browse the site using your browser’s anonymous usage setting (called “Incognito” in Chrome, “InPrivate” for Internet Explorer, “Private Browsing” in Firefox and Safari etc.)
- Contests – From time to time, we may provide you the opportunity to participate in contests, sweepstakes, surveys and/or other promotions on our website. If you participate, we will request certain personal information from you. Participation in these contests, sweepstakes, surveys and/or promotions is completely voluntary, and you therefore have a choice about whether or not to disclose this information. We may use a third-party service provider to conduct these surveys or contests; in those cases, that company will be prohibited from using our users’ personally identifiable information for any other purpose. We will not share the personal data you provide through a contest, sweepstakes, survey and/or promotion with other third parties unless we give you prior notice and choice.
Cross-Border Data Transfers
If you live in the EEA, or a similar international area, you may have additional privacy rights available to you under applicable laws. We will process your requests in accordance with applicable data protection laws. If you would like to exercise any of the below rights, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org so that we may consider your request in accordance with applicable law:
- Right not to provide or withdraw consent: You have the right not to provide or withdraw your consent at any time.
- Right of access: You may have the right to access the Personal Data that you provided us.
- Right of erasure: You may have the right to the erasure of Personal Data that we hold about you.
- Right to object to processing: You may have the right to request that we stop processing your Personal Data and/or to stop sending you marketing communications.
- Right to rectification: You may have the right to require us to correct any of your Personal Data.
Your U.K. Privacy Rights
Users from the U.K. have the right to ask us to amend or limit the processing of their Personal Data, (as defined by U.K. law) and in particular not to process their Personal Data for marketing purposes. We will inform you (before collecting your personal data) if we intend to use your Personal Data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your Personal Data to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your rights to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your Personal Data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at: email@example.com.
The U.K. Data Protection Act 1998 (“the DPA 1998”) gives users from the U.K. the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the DPA 1998. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
California Privacy Rights
Section 1798.83 of the California Civil Code entitles residents of California to request a notice detailing the categories of Personal Data that we have shared with third parties for direct marketing purposes during the preceding calendar year, as well as the identity of those third parties. To request a copy of your Personal Data maintained by us, please contact us as at: firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance and/or questions you may have.
Under the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA“), California residents have certain rights around Silicon Valley Commerce’s collection, use, and sharing of their personal information.
Silicon Valley Commerce does not sell your personal information and will not do so in the future without providing you with notice and an opportunity to opt-out of such sale as required by law. Similarly, we do not offer financial incentives associated with our collection, use, or disclosure of your personal information.
Silicon Valley Commerce collects various categories of personal information when you use the Service, including identifiers, commercial information, internet or other electronic network or device activity information, geolocation data, and professional information. A more detailed description of the information Silicon Valley Commerce collects and how we use it is provided above in The Information We Collect and How We Use Information sections. The section above called How Your Data May Be Shared describes the categories of third parties with whom we share personal information, and what information may be shared under different circumstances.
If you are a resident of California, you have the right to request to know what personal information has been collected about you, and to access that information. You also have the right to request deletion of your personal information, though exceptions under the CCPA may allow Silicon Valley Commerce to retain and use certain personal information notwithstanding your deletion request. You can learn more about how to submit a data rights request through Silicon Valley Commerce’s Client Services department and may also send your request by email to email@example.com. We will not discriminate against you for exercising your rights under the CCPA. An agent may submit a request on your behalf, but you must verify that your agent is authorized to do so.
Nevada Privacy Rights
Nevada law (SB 220) requires website operators to provide a way for Nevada consumers to opt out of the sale of certain information that the website operator may collect about them. Silicon Valley Commerce does not sell your personal information to third parties as defined in Nevada law, and will not do so in the future without providing you with notice and an opportunity to opt-out of such sale as required by law. If you have any questions regarding our data privacy practices or our compliance with Nevada data privacy law, please contact us through our Client Services department at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Notice To Canadian Residents
As with California residents, Canadian residents are entitled to receive certain information about the collection, use and disclosure of their Personal Data. We collect, use, and disclose your Personal Data with your consent, which may be express or implied. You may withdraw your consent to the use and disclosure of your Personal Data by contacting us as specified below by contacting us at: email@example.com.
Other Sites Linked to by Silicon Valley Commerce
How To Contact Us
Should you have other questions or concerns about these privacy policies, please call us at 1-888-507-8266 or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.